College Resources From Home
If you wish to work from home then we recommend you add this site, the “Staff Portal”, to your devices.
- On college equipment it is already your start page!
- For your home PC or on mobile devices enter the web address http://portal.sandwell.ac.uk/staff/ in your browser to visit this page and then add to your bookmarks.
By adding this page you will have quick access to the college applications and Resources. N.B. some sites, such as ebs and the phonebook, are only available whilst inside college so you will need to use the AnyConnect VPN software on your college laptop .
The Copyright Licensing Agency (CLA) will shortly be collecting data regarding the photocopying and scanning of copyright material in the College,
This information is required so that authors, visual creators and publishers may be fairly rewarded for the use of their work so your role helps support CLA with the distribution of royalty payments. This is not a compliance exercise and the data is collected anonymously.
Yellow collection boxes will be distributed around the campus at key photocopier locations and will remain in position for six weeks. During that time, if you photocopy or scan from a book, journal, magazine or any other published resource you should simply:
- Make a copy of the page or back cover with the ISBN barcode on it.
- If no ISBN is available copy the title page/front cover containing, title, author and publisher.
- If copying from an older resource where neither of the above are available make a full copy of all pages so that CLA can trace the originating source. You may also write the title information on the front if known.
- Take a label from the pouch on top of the collection box.
- Complete the label and attach it to the the ‘identifying’ copy you made.
- Place the copy with the label attached in the yellow collection box.
- If you scan material to the College VLE follow the same procedure as above, but estimate the number of students that the material will be made available to and enter this figure on the label provided. (For instance if you scan an extract from a book that is made available to a class of up to 30 students, then 30 is the estimated number of people that the material is made available to)
Short extracts from a page or chapter, images, diagrams, charts and copies of copies are included.
The CLA Royalties Officer supporting us throughout the royalties exercise will be happy to answer any queries you may have when they visit to set up the boxes and posters.
Your co-operation and participation is greatly appreciated.
Further information including an informative PowerPoint can be found by clicking this link to the Staff Training and Support Moodle
you will be prompted to log in using your usual staff credentials
WiFi Access – eduroam
The college provides free internet access through eduroam.
To connect your phone, tablet or laptop simply search for the wireless method called Eduroam and connect.
When prompted, enter your college email address in the Identity field – your email is yourIDnumber@sandwell.ac.uk
If there is an Anonymous Identity option leave this empty.
Enter your college password in the Password field. This will be your date of birth if you have not yet changed it.
For most devices these two fields are all that need to be completed before pressing connect.
Eduroam will enable you to roam between Sandwell sites and other organisations sites that run eduroam without having to login to the WIFI again.
If this does not work more detailed instructions can be found at http://www.sandwell.ac.uk/eduroam/ alternatively if you pop into one of the Learning Centres a member of staff should be able to assist.
Images For Use In Teaching
Directory of Websites – http://moodle.sandwell.ac.uk/staff/mod/glossary/view.php?id=796
Please remember to report any IT issues you encounter.
This will enable the ILT team to resolve the issue ASAP.
Please report to the ILT helpdesk and not an individual member of staff.
This way the job will get seen by all of the ILT team and get a quicker response time.